Love Life List
I hope you love your one beautiful life.
That you wake up feeling immense gratitude for where you are, who you’re with and what you’re doing in your life. I say this because I know far too well how easy it is to get wonky about my one beautiful life. I’ve got all these things to be thankful for but I lack contentment.
Instead of thanking God for my one beautiful life ~ I feel sullen, depressed, and maybe every angry that things aren’t working out for me the way I’d like. Instead of looking over my life with joy at my assignment, I look at hers and wonder why God hasn’t given me this or that. Plain vanilla jealousy will do it.
It’s such a waste of time and energy thinking over things that aren’t mine instead of looking at all my blessings and giving thanks.
Years ago, I started making ‘love life‘ lists in my journals. Nothing fancy, just listing things that make me love my one beautiful life. Such a settling exercise that I thought to share it with you.
Here’s how it goes. Just number down the page from 1-25 and list things you love about your life.
love life list // 12-09-15
- a live Christmas tree
- little black cat madeleine
- a good, sound night’s rest
- yellow finches on the bird feeder
- vintage patio chairs painted tiffany blue
- purple snap dragons popping up in the front bed
- oh … Austin
- and my parents living in Austin
- crazy, large & fabulous extended family in Austin
- my sister
- thank You, God, for Lone Star Stables
- riding cute Apollo (Taylor’s bay gelding at LSS)
- lovely, old books stacked on the shelf
- Andrew Forrester (who shares his favorite books with me)
- Megan Forrester (Andrew’s darling wife who is my niece)
- the big Smith & Hawken (Craigslist find) table in the backyard
- Laura (my editor)
- russell and hazel paper goods
- my fancy pants birthday gift coffee maker from Williams Sonoma
- old marble lamps
- pumpkin bread mornings
- potted pink geraniums scattered across the backyard
- the red leaved Spanish oak tree in my neighbor’s front yard
So there. My love life list.
I do it quickly, not overthinking it. And when I’m done, I sigh and fall into contentment again.
Maybe you’ll find contentment too with a love life list?