One of the questions I love to ask is … what is your Big God Dream?
In other words:
- What do you love to do?
- Who or what are you passionate about?
- What is the one thing you would do with your life if you knew you couldn’t fail?
- What would you love to do with your life that you know only God could accomplish?
Answer those four questions – and you’re on the way to discovering your Big God Dream.
I ask that question of people a lot. Couple months ago, I posed the question to one of my son’s friends. A young man that completed his undergrad and was working on prepping for the LSAT. But what I came to discover is the that the LSAT/becoming an attorney was not his Big God Dream at all. His Big God Dream is radio. Specifically, talk radio.
So, I encouraged him to go for it. To pray toward it. To fall faithfully forward and see if this dream was from God or not.
Well, this week I got an email. He’s moving to Austin … to pursue radio. I have to be honest, when I first read his email – I felt panicked. I kept thinking: What if this doesn’t work out for him?! But after thinking about it, I realized: It’s not just radio he’s pursuing. It’s God he’s pursuing. And I will do all I can to encourage him in that venture.
Because a Big God Dream is not just vocation. It’s a journey in relationship. And that is worth any risk.
- It’s worth having difficult conversations with your boss.
- It’s worth asking questions to get better understanding.
- It’s worth risking the opposition.
What’s your Big God Dream?