How to Handle Worry & Anxiety
How do you give your worries and fears to God … and not pick them back up again? When you feel worry or fear, what can you pray? What are the signs that you are over-worrying and not just planning?
These are the questions you asked and I’m here to answer them!
Thanks for listening in to the Dear Daughters Podcast! I’m so glad you’re here. Especially because we are starting a Spotlight Series this September. To kick off the series we are highlighting YOU and will answer all sorts of questions that you are wondering.
I’m here with sweet Tori Dear, who I asked to take care of Madeline the Cat and within three hours of meeting her – I asked her to join the Susie Davis Ministry team.
She will be fielding your questions related to various topics this season. And this week (AND next week!) we are talking about fear, worry, and anxiety. Because we’re not meant to be bossed by worry.
Listen in as Tori relays your questions like the ones below. I hope that the things I have learned can help you overcome your fear and anxious thoughts.
- How did you overcome anxiety and fear?
- How do you give your worries and fears to God … and not pick them back up again?
- What words have you used with your kids to talk about fear and anxiety?
- How do you find healthy people you can reach out to for support?
- When you feel worry or fear, what can you pray?
- What are the signs that you are over-worrying and not just planning?
Ask God to help you when you are fearful or anxious. I pray that you invite the Spirit to overwhelm your heart and mind with peace. I pray that you are able to leave your anxieties with God and that you are able to shift your focus from the “what if” and “oh no” to all the wonder in life. I pray that you laugh without fear of the future.
SUBSCRIBE IN ITUNES
- Register for the Creative Courage Workshop!
- Become a Newsletter Friend to get a weekly-ish dose of encouragement … and both the Proverbs 31:25 phone wallpaper AND the 7 Everyday Prayers PDF.
- Get a copy of my book Unafraid.
- Support and learn more about Community First! Village here.
- Learn more about other ACF Ministry Partners here.
- Get more info about the Community First! Pop-Up Art Show at ACF!
- Listen to DD Podcast Episode with Alan Graham.
- Follow me on Instagram.
- Listen to more of Sara Davis Regan’s music.
- Join us Sundays online at my home church, Austin Christian Fellowship.