Oh Spring. I love you. And there’s no better place for us to be together than in Round Top, Texas. Wild flowers galore. Friendly people everywhere. Lots of great food and wine. And then of course, all the antiques and treasures!
If you’ve never been to Round Top Antiques Week … you need to give it a try. Just grab a friend, some cash, a hot cup of coffee and drive yourself to the mecca of antique shopping + small-town Texas fun. From where I live, it’s just an hour and a half or so. Right past Giddings, I turn off to shop the fields in Warrenton, minutes away from Round Top. That’s where we find our share of treasures.
I usually just do a day trip but two years ago, a friend couldn’t fulfill her reservation at The Prairie and I took it for her. And y’all. It’s the most dreamy place ever. Takes the whole Round Top experience to a completely different level. I love The Prairie. And I love Rachel Ashwell. She owns The Prairie and we manage to see her every time we stay there. She’s completely down to earth. The nicest human. And her place is truly heaven.
These are some photos I took at her place.
There’s lots of room to romp and take pictures.
Like I said, completely dreamy. This year I took my girls, a few dear daughters and then a few friends stopped by too. People drifted in and out.
I got to pretend I lived there. (I think that means my husband is a good man. ;)
THINGS I LOVED & WHIMSIED THIS WEEK:
- Rachel Ashwell and The Prairie.
- Royer’s Round Top Cafe (we had them cater Sara’s wedding … total comfort food) + Royer’s Pie Haven (Tara’s gonna be on the Dear Daughters Podcast soon!!)
- Stopped by Holly Mathis’ tent in Round Top and picked up a few cute things.
- I always pick up a load of candles in Warrenton at Jill Suzanne’s place. They are so addictive and she’s a happy soul. Get her signature scent. Fabulous.
- Vendela Roses, pictured above made the trip to Round Top with me. Because a girl should travel with plenty of pretty things, yes? And that Library at Candlefish ~> dear daughter, Hayley, gifted me that so I took it to The Prairie too. It’s a new favorite scent.
- This nail polish just says Spring to me: Suzi Shops and Island Hops
- Took The Little Book of Hygge to the Prairie. (Rachel gets hygge.)
Well, that’s it this week.
Love on your people. Thank God. And have a weekend full of the best kind of whimsy.