Bill Hendricks | The Giftedness Center
You have a hardwiring from God, and it’s a beautiful hardwiring. And if you can discover what that is, that points to the reason you’re here. ~ Bill Hendricks
Bill Hendricks is a native Texan, Executive Director for Christian Leadership at the Hendricks Center, and President of the Giftedness Center, where he helps people understand their unique giftedness. He lives in Dallas with his wife, Lynn, and has three adult daughters. He has written over 20 books, including his latest, The Person Called You: Why You’re Here, Why You Matter & What You Should Do with your Life.
I’m excited for you to get to meet him today. Here’s the interview on Dear Daughters Episode 30.
- Our mutual friend, Lindsey Nobles and Bill’s thoughts on her giftedness: “You are an architect of affiliation. You gather tribes of kindred spirits whose collective energy has the potential to unite movements and transform the world around them.”
- The Giftedness Center
- The Hendricks Center at Dallas Theological Seminary
- Gail Sheehy’s, Passages: Predictable Crises of Adult Life on “The Trying 20’s”
- Ephesians 2.10
- The Person Called You : Why You’re Here, Why You Matter & What You Should Do with your Life
- Some great posts from Bill’s blog ~ 10 Signs Your Job Doesn’t Fit You + Are You Goal-Oriented or Vision-Oriented? + Please, Don’t Follow Your Passion, 10 Alternative Jobs for Actors and Artists
- Individual Career Guidance and Life Direction at the Giftedness Center
- Or the DIY version ~ Discovering Your Giftedness, a Step by Step Guide
Sign up for my weekly-ish newsletter here!
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
Before you’re a mother, before you’re a wife, before you’re a daughter, before you’re even an employee, you’re a person. And that core personhood is where your identity resides. ~Bill Hendricks
For every kind of giftedness that we have seen, there is a negative label out there. Probably 90% of the people that come my way have been shamed at some level for the very thing which is their greatest asset. ~ Bill Hendricks
I love how Jesus was always about telling people about their inherent identity. ~ Susie Davis
Try to encourage the child in their bent, and then see what opportunities open up. The child then knows that they’re valued, they’re loved, their parents are on their team, even if they would have done things differently. ~ Bill Hendricks
When you use your motivation, your giftedness, the telltale sign is that you gain energy from that activity. You enjoy the process. ~ Bill Hendricks
CONNECT WITH BILL
… grateful, grateful for Davis sharing their music for the DD Podcast. :)