There’s something in all of us that craves the sanctuary of the Garden of Eden.
Welcome to the Dear Daughters Podcast! We are deep in the heart of The Story Series and I’m so glad you’re here. Join me as I ask questions and listen to other women’s stories right here on the podcast. It’s one of my favorite things. Because when you get to know someone’s story, you can experience the awe of God.
I’ve invited Jamie Erickson to the podcast this week. Jamie and I have a mutual love of vintage books, thrifting home goods, and creating a cozy space for people. She has been married to her college sweetheart for 20 years and they have five kids. Jamie was a teacher in the classroom for many years and now is the founder and lead writer of The Unlikely Homeschool and co-host of the Mom-To-Mom Podcast. She is the author of Homeschool Bravely and released a new book in September called Holy Hygge. I’m so excited to have her on the show!
Jamie was inspired by her husband’s Danish roots and the Danish lifestyle practice of hygge (pronounced hyoo-guh). To sum it up, hygge embodies comfort and coziness and contentment. Julie embraces hygge through the lens of the Gospel to make home a place where people feel God. Listen in as Jamie and I dive into the principles of hygge and the importance of each:
I hope that you can create the hygge you desire in your own home … that your home is a place filled with the comfort, coziness, and contentment that can only come from Jesus. And I pray that you share that comfort and coziness and contentment with other people.
- Get a copy of Homeschool Bravely: How to Squash Doubt, Trust God, and Teach Your Child With Confidence.
- Get a copy of Holy Hygge: Creating a Place for People to Gather and the Gospel to Grow.
- Check out Jamie’s book recommendation: The Residence.
- Follow Jamie and the Unlikely Homeschool on Instagram and Facebook.
- Listen to the Mom-To-Mom Podcast and follow on Instagram.
- Learn more about ACF’s Ministry Partners here.
- Become a Newsletter Friend and get weekly-ish encouragement and know about all the fun things coming up.
- Join us Sundays at my home church, Austin Christian Fellowship, online or in-person.
- Stay at The Franklin our treasure in small town, Texas! Airbnb link here.
- Listen to more of Sara Davis Regan’s music. :)