We can do little things for GOD; I turn the cake that is frying on the pan for love of Him, and that done, if there is nothing else to call me, I prostrate myself in worship before Him, Who has given me grace to work; afterwards I rise happier than a king. It is enough for me to pick up but a straw from the ground for the love of GOD. ~ Brother Lawrence
If you’re like me, there are probably a bunch of tedious little tasks lined up and waiting for you today, like folding the laundry, unloading the dishwasher, or going to the grocery store…. those things that take us away from ‘the big things.’
But what if there is big blessing for us in those small tasks? Today is about how those days of small things can turn into big opportunities for worship and communion with God when we shift our perspective towards gratitude.
- Practice of the Presence of God, by Brother Lawrence
- My Utmost for His Highest, by Oswald Chambers
- What are You Created To Do? DD episode 55
- St. Therese’s definition of holiness, and what I’m supposed to be today.
- Thanks to Davis Music for use of her song Fifty Seven.
- Get the Dear Daughters Podcast Prompts and keep up weekly by signing up for my newsletter.
Think of God often, by day, by night, in your business and even in your diversions. He is always near you and with you; leave him not alone.Think of God often, by day, by night, in your business and even in your diversions. He is always near you and with you; leave him not alone. ~ Brother Lawrence