Today on the Dear Daughters Podcast Episode #4, I talk with Jamie Ivey about her relationship with her husband and her honesty with him about her past. She says the things she’s done yesterday or twenty-five years ago don’t define her, only Jesus does. We also talk about her best marriage tips, the writing process, some favorite books and her newest success in the kitchen.
Jamie Ivey is a writer, speaker and she has a fabulous podcast called The Happy Hour. We met years ago when we were both on the radio here in Austin. She and her husband, Aaron, have four kids. She loves reading, date nights, adoption, Jesus, Mexican food, and traveling.
- What’s IF?
- Austin Stone (Aaron and Jamie’s church)
- Austin Christian Fellowship (my church)
- Happy Hour Podcast (ps. I was binging on her show not purging … and our interview is episode #48 ;)
- Happy Hour Live & Happy Hour on the Road
- If you wonder why men need respect ~> this book is great.
- Wild and Free by Jess Connolly and Hayley Morgan
- Present over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
- The Prodigal God by Timothy Keller
- And here’s Jamie’s frittata from Against All Grain. Doesn’t it look yum?
Things to Think About
Before they got married, Jamie told Aaron all about her past. She’s a believer in complete authenticity.
“Things I’ve done yesterday or twenty-five years ago don’t define me, only Jesus does.” ~ Jamie Ivey
“Writing is a singular process but publishing a book is group art.” ~ Susie Davis
Jamie’s best marriage tip: R-E-S-P-E-C-T
“My prayer is that there are spiritual mamas that step into the lives of all dear daughters.” ~ Susie Davis
“My favorite recipe is Aaron with an apron on.” ~ Jamie Ivey
“If you’re thinking: I’m so used. How can I ever start over? Well, here’s the answer: Jesus.” ~ Jamie Ivey