Notes for the New Year
Live quietly and work with your hands. 1 Thessalonians 4:11
Happy new year, friend! Here we are … 2023. And I’m so glad you’re here with me. I am excited for the year to come and I wanted to spend the first few episodes of the Dear Daughter’s Podcast celebrating the new year and offering some encouragement as you think about resolutions and plans and what’s in store for you this year.
I’m normally the one to make big plans and resolutions but this year is a little different. This year, I feel like God is pressing pause on my plans. I feel like He is asking me to simply be content. Maybe you’re like me … or maybe you do have big exciting things coming up … or maybe you’re somewhere in between.
No matter where you are, we are both in a place to be obedient to whatever God has for us. We all have assignments, we all have roles God has given to us, and we are called to be in constant companionship with God. So that’s what I want to talk about today. Listen in … I think you’ll be happy you did.
- Listen to DD Podcast Episode 142: The Art of Divine Contentment | Thomas Watson.
- Get a copy of The Art of Divine Contentment by Thomas Watson.
- Get a copy of The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence.
- Become a Newsletter Friend and get weekly-ish encouragement and know about all the fun things coming up in 2023.
- Join us Sundays at my home church, Austin Christian Fellowship, online or in-person.
- Learn more about ACF’s Ministry Partners here.
- Stay at The Franklin our treasure in small town, Texas! Airbnb link here.
- Listen to more of Sara Davis Regan’s music. :)