Are you looking for real friends who will walk through life with you? The sort of friends who you can say anything to? Today on the podcast Jamie Ivey talks about how to find those kind of friends. The kind you can talk to about the hardest things, the kind that speak truth and walk out life with you.
We also talk about freedom and authenticity and about parenting. Lots of good stuff. Jamie is a wife, mom, podcaster, speaker, and a newly published author of: If You Only Knew: My Unlikely, Unavoidable Story of Becoming Free
She and her husband live in the Austin area with their four kids. I can’t wait for you to meet her. Here’s the interview on Dear Daughters Podcast Episode 50.
- Jamie’s new book, If You Only Knew: My Unlikely, Unavoidable Story of Becoming Free
- Susie’s book, Parenting Your Teen and Loving It: Being the Mom Your Kid Needs
- Jamie and Aaron’s beautiful glamping retreat center, Green Acres
- She Reads Truth Proverbs study ~ The Way of Wisdom
- Jamie’s upcoming Happy Hour Live, May 4-5th
- Sign up for my weekly-ish newsletter here.
- Schedule a consultation here.
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
We need friends in our lives that can be with us, say the hard things and know that they’re going to fight with us. ~ Jamie Ivey
When I can find a girlfriend who I know has more love for the Father than she has for me, then I feel like it’s going to be a safe and trusting place. ~ Jamie Ivey
Be on the search for those true friends before you’re in a crisis and sinking. ~ Susie Davis
We need to find women who are in the Word and who love the Word and understand sin and forgiveness. ~ Jamie Ivey
… grateful, grateful for Davis sharing their music for the DD Podcast. :)