Have you ever thought about this? You are the one person that has the most impact in your walk with God. And that’s why it’s so important that you pray for yourself.
Praying for yourself is not selfish. It’s like putting the oxygen mask on first so you can care for others.
There are so many reasons why you should pray for yourself. Here are a few:
- Because God speaks to you through prayer.
- Because you love yourself … or because you don’t.
- Because it helps your spiritual growth.
- Because there are holes in your life that need to be filled (by God).
- Because how you are doing affects everyone around you.
- Because prayer fills you with the Holy Spirit.
- Because prayer deepens intimacy with God.
- Because prayer giants in scripture prayed for themselves, too.
- Because prayer is soul care.
I pray that you would love yourself … pray for yourself … and love to pray for yourself. I hope you are able to be yourself in prayer and that you find what works for you to help you talk to God.
- Get a copy of Pray Big for Yourself by Will Davis Jr.
- Get the FREE download of 7 Everyday Prayers.
- Learn more about other ACF Ministry Partners here.
- Sign up to be my newsletter friend!
- Follow me on Instagram.
- Join my home church, Austin Christian Fellowship, online.
- Listen to more of Sara Davis Regan’s music.