He never leaves your side. He’s always right there holding your hand. And you know what? You’re gonna be awesome. ~ Tara Royer Steele
Tara Royer Steele lives in Brenham, Texas with her husband, Rick, and their two boys where they make pies, cater for Royer’s Round Top Cafe, run the Pie Haven and lead camps on soul restoration through their newly launched Brave Gathering. Tara and her family just transitioned from one wonderful season to follow God in faith and join him in this big new work. I can’t wait for you to hear all about it.
Here’s the interview on Dear Daughters Episode 32.
- Tara’s pie class at Gourmet Divas in Giddings
- Royers Roundtop Cafe + the Pie Haven
- Tara’s dad, Bud >> he worked at the original Ninfa’s
- The Brave Gathering + Brave Girls University
- Tara and I got to know each other because Royer’s catered my sweet Sara’s wedding!
- Some fun small towns that are part of Antique Week: Warrenton, Carmine, Fayetteville, Shelby.
- The Prairie by Rachel Ashwell
- “Cakes are fancy-ass, honey. Pie is home.” ~ Idella Johnson, from Classic Home Desserts: A Treasury of Heirloom and Contemporary Recipes
- Are you Goal Oriented or Vision Oriented? from Bill Hendricks’ interview on the Dear Daughters podcast
- Bud’s Pumpkin Smash ~ ‘stupid easy’ and sooooo good.
- Whatever is Lovely Coloring Book: if you’re a doodler in your quiet times with Jesus, too.
- Kristin Schell’s, The Turquoise Table
- Some of the pies from Tara’s site : Cold Brew Coffee Pie, Strawberry Rhubarb Pie, Peanut Butter Pie, and Veggie Pie
- I have a crush on Euna Mae’s ~ and good news, owner Amy, will be on the podcast next season!
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
Tara’s advice to her younger self: He never leaves your side. He’s always right there holding your hand.
Hospitality is empathy + creativity + generosity with the people in your space.~ Susie Davis
Listen. You have a story and your story is important. ~ Tara Royer Steele
CONNECT WITH TARA
… grateful, grateful for Davis sharing their music for the DD Podcast. :)