The start of healing is embracing it is a process and experiencing God through that process. We get to participate with God in writing a new story. He is the author of all our healing.
Aundi Kolber grew up walking on eggshells and white-knuckling her way through life. She never imagined as a twenty-year-old that she would be the person she is now … free, healthy, healing.
Aundi Kolber is a new author and seasoned licensed professional counselor (MA, LPC) in Castle Rock, CO. She specializes in trauma and body-centered therapy and is passionate about the integration of faith and psychology.
Her first book, Try Softer: A Fresh Approach to Move Us Out of Anxiety, Stress, and Survival Mode—and into a Life of Connection and Joy, helps equip people like you and me to stop pushing through feelings and start understanding and processing emotions in healthy ways.
In her own words, Aundi says these four things about herself:
- “I’m only 5’4″ but I played college basketball and I’m still the leading scorer at my high school and was actually inducted into the hall of fame this past February.”
- “I have the weirdest and goofiest nicknames for my kids.”
- “I absolutely love water. I grew up right next to the Pacific Ocean.”
- “I love Disney stuff. I never thought I would be a Disney Mom.”
Today, Aundi and I talk about how God designed our bodies and minds to work together to process our stories and work through obstacles, and the importance of what she calls “paying compassionate attention” to all parts of ourselves: body, mind, and soul. I am so thankful for my time with Aundi. I think our conversation will help encourage you in your own process of healing … and maybe even help you start it.
- Aundi’s Website
- Aundi’s book: Try Softer
- Aundi’s Instagram
- Stop by my church Austin Christian Fellowship if you’re in Austin
- Wind River Healing Warriors Ministry Scholarship Info
- Learn more about Wind River Family Camp and book your trip for this summer!
- The Grace Guide: Live Your One Beautiful Life
- Want to find a mentor? Sign up here for The Mentor Map here.
- Music by Sara Davis Regan
- Keep in the know: Sign up for my newsletter here!
UPCOMING CALENDAR EVENTS
Find my newest book, Dear Daughters: Love Letters to the Next Generation here!
Dear Daughters is a template for those multi-generational conversations and relationships you’re craving.
Dear Daughters is meant to be a bridge between two groups of women–dear daughters and spiritual mamas. Dear daughters are young women in search of spiritual guidance and spiritual mamas are women just a little further down the road with age-old wisdom to share. Each group has valuable insight for the other and the hope is that the reader will invite someone to come alongside them, pore over the included letters together, and pass along wisdom and advice that will make both lives more beautiful, wherever they are in their God story.