He tends his flock like a shepherd; He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young. Isaiah 40:11
Welcome to the Dear Daughters Podcast! I’m so glad you’re here. We’re right in the middle of this series all about stories. Because I love stories. I love to ask questions, I love knowing people’s stories, and I love that when you dig deeper it leads to the awe of God.
I am so excited that Asheritah Ciuciu is joining me on the podcast this week. Asheritah is married to her high school sweetheart, Flaviu, and has three kids: Carissa, Amelia, and Theo. She is a speaker, an author, founder of One Thing Alone Ministries for women. Asheritah met Jesus in the back of her parent’s Subaru when she was a little girl. She grew up as a missionary kid in Romania with her mom, dad, and two brothers. She loved listening to their stories from the mission field and as she joined them in the field she developed her own passion for sharing the Gospel. And she does it through the power of stories.
Listen in as Asheritah talks about a few of the things that are so important in her life: stories, quiet time with Jesus, and the Word of God.
She shares parts of her own story … how God called her to Himself … the moments she can look back on and say, “oh that’s when He was present with me.” How God used her desires, even as a 17-year old girl, to impact so many women now.
She talks about the importance of reading Scripture and spending time alone with God … and shares resources for how to practically do that in our busy lives.
She believes in the power of story. Especially telling children stories—the stories of Jesus in the Bible and our own stories of Jesus—so they can know “He will be faithful and present and good toward them all the days of their lives as well.” Her new children’s book, Unwrapping the Names of Jesus for Kids, encourages us to share both kinds of stories with the children in our lives (and I’m so excited to talk about that, too!).
I hope that you are encouraged to share your stories of Jesus with the people in your life. And I hope that you’ll seek out Jesus and the understanding of who He is. Because my prayer for you and for me is that we will get to know more and more of who Jesus is every day of our one beautiful life.
- Visit Asheritah’s website.
- Learn more about One Thing Alone Ministries.
- Follow Asheritah on Instagram.
- Get a copy of Asheritah’s new children’s book, Unwrapping the Names of Jesus for Kids.
- Get a copy of Unwrapping the Names of Jesus: An Advent Devotional.
- Become a Newsletter Friend and get weekly-ish encouragement and know about all the fun things coming up.
- Join us Sundays at my home church, Austin Christian Fellowship, online or in-person.
- Learn more about ACF’s Ministry Partners here.
- Stay at The Franklin our treasure in small town, Texas! Airbnb link here.
- Listen to more of Sara Davis Regan’s music. :)