When You Feel Like Your Life is a Mess with Tricia Goyer
Do you feel like your life is a mess? Just one mistake after another? Do you ever wonder how God could take the mistakes you’ve made and turn things around? Tricia Goyer felt that way almost 30 years ago as a despairing teen mom and then she prayed, “God, if you can do anything with my life, please do.”
I loved getting to talk with her today about the way God radically answered that prayer and about her beautiful, better-than-a-fairy-tale love story. We also talked a lot about walking through the hard things and what happens when we dare to take our life journey with Jesus.
Tricia lives in Arkansas with her husband and TEN kids. :) In addition to homeschooling her seven kids who still live at home, she has also written 71 books, and writes online. Tricia is a spiritual mama to look to for life advice and wisdom.
- Tricia’s latest book, Walk It Out: The Radical Result of Living God’s Word One Step at a Time
- Join me for the Acts 2.46 Table (Breakfast) for spiritual conversation and Austin’s best breakfast tacos.
- MOPS International
- Ecclesiastes 4.6 ~ ‘better one handful with tranquility than two with chasing after the wind’
- Voxer ~ like a high tech walkie talkie
- Tricia’s favorite family board games to connect with her kids: Dominion, Settlers of Catan, and Mancala
- Pork Verde ~ cube and fry pork chops til cooked through, then add tomato sauce, a can of green chilies, and cheddar cheese. Cook until the cheese is melted, then serve over rice.
- Experiencing God Day by Day devotional by Henry Blackaby
- The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
- The Little House series
- Sonlight, literature-based homeschooling curriculum
- Hank the Cowdog series
- Nana Upstairs & Nana Downstairs by Tomie dePaola
- Joy, from Young Living
- Thanks to Davis Music for use of her song Fifty Seven
- Get the Dear Daughters Podcast Prompts and keep up weekly by signing up for my newsletter.