Need to reorganize those photos on your fridge? Got just the thing to place smack in the middle of them.
THINGS I LOVED & WHIMSIED THIS WEEK:
It all started with my parent’s 60th anniversary party …
- We listened non-stop to Oscar Peterson. One of my dad’s favorites.
- For dessert, I made Mary Ann’s Chocolate Sheet Cake (with cinnamon). Everybody’s favorite.
- We also affirmed them. Might sound a little weird or scary if you’ve never tried affirming people you love but oh, you must. All the feels, all the tears and I think it makes God so happy.
- Meanwhile, my dad recited/cried through a poem his dad wrote decades ago called Real Wealth. You can download Real Wealth here.
- What else? Well, I’m started reading Jennie Allen’s new book, Nothing to Prove. Hoping to give her a big hug at IF:Gathering this weekend and thank her for beautiful words.
- Also, reading Sue Monk Kidd’s Firstlight. It’s full of early essays she wrote. There is one that talks about ‘mindful availability.’ I’ve been thinking a lot about that, working on making my heart a less crowded place for the sake of others.
- Just got through ordering some KIND Coffee for a few folks Will and I love. Long’s Peak Blend. You can get great coffee anywhere but not straight out of Estes Park with Long’s Peak on the label.
- This Marfa Brand soap is a new favorite. I picked it up at By George, Smells clean, earthy. I’m gifting it for a little birthday remembrance. Also, kinda crazy for this Topo Chico glassware coming soon.
- Now here’s a writer’s prompt for the writer in you:
Who is one person you need to affirm? Write them a note today.
It’s your life, sweet people, relax and smile because it’s finally the weekend!