whimsy for your weekend
It’s Spring. The bluebonnets are just everywhere here in central Texas, making me feel like my heart could just burst.
I found this pale pink bluebonnet in a neighbor’s yard. OH JOY! I’ve never seen one before and they are stunning. Apparently, there’s a legend associated with the pink bluebonnets. I’m sitting here thinking about our family Easter supper on Sunday. Might make this watermelon salad with mint. Sounds delish, spring-y and kinda whimsical which got me thinking about all the other whimsy I’ve experienced this week.
Things I loved & whimsied this SPRING week:
- I have some baby bluebonnets in my own yard. Almost a dozen actually and more are coming up because of all the rain we’ve had this week. We scattered seed in fall that I purchased from Native American Seed in Junction, TX. Wildflowers popping up in your own yard is all kinds of whimsy.
- Jill Suzanne Candles. We scooped some up on our trip to Warrenton for the Antique’s Weekend. Friendliest fragrance ever. That’s where this cute pic was taken. You should go! My girls and I went to Warrenton last week and we’re headed that way again.
- Prepping for and dreaming about the upcoming Acts 2:46 Dinner at my house is making me feel pretty whimsy. Are you planning to come? Because I’m real likely to light some of Jill Suzanne’s candles that night.
- Spring signals renewal and the pray-as-you-go podcast is creating renewal in me. I listen every day. Quiet and centering. Like yoga for your soul.
- Pink Geraniums. If the creamy white Vendula roses are my favorite indoor flower, then pink geraniums are my favorite outdoor flower. Get them while you can at your local nursery. I love Shoal Creek Nursery.
- Sometimes after I go to the nursery, I treat myself to lunch at Epicerie. Their Salmon & Kale salad is addicting and oh-so-healthy.
- Not so healthy but oh-so-good is Lucy’s Fried Chicken. We got a bucket of chicken this week and have been enjoying it for days. They have fabulous fried okra too.
- Two fabulous Spring-y pink nail polishes: Mod About You for the toes + Let Me Bayou a Drink for the fingers
- Spring for the lips? Too Faced Peach-sicle. My daughter, Emily, bought it for me and I LOVE it.
- One final thing that’s generating some spiritual whimsy for me is the brand new ‘QUESTIONS’ edition of my podcast. I hope you’ll try it if you haven’t already listened.
Well, that’s it this week. I’m off to count the bluebonnets. ;)
Have a weekend full of the best kind of whimsy.
Susie (aka “the queen freak of whimsy, professional spreader of joy, and mom to anyone and everyone.“)