Thanksgiving is my favorite because gratitude and family and PIE. Lotsa PIE. Pecan, pumpkin, buttermilk … there are so many favorites.
I don’t know when I became such a pie fan. And also not sure when I turned into a homemade pie crust evangelist. But I am. It pains me deeply to see a beautiful custard or pecan pie with a store bought crust. Hurts me inside. Like I wanna cry.
So I have a solution to help anyone with apprehension about how to make a homemade pie. I am hosting a fun tutorial on how to make HOMEMADE PUMPKIN PIE with Mimi (my mom) on my Facebook page live this Saturday around 10 am CST.
It’s my first time on Facebook live so I feel weird and nervous about it but my mom will be there right by my side and we’re just going to have fun. I do hope you’ll join us. I promise we’ll chase away all your homemade pie fears and phobias. And now, here’s a sample of some recipes from lovely, creative pie people.
PIE THINGS I LOVED & WHIMSIED THIS WEEK:
- The Pioneer Woman has a roll-out crust if you’re feeling adventurous.
- Bakeaholic Mama has a Buttermilk Pie Crust that I really want to try.
- Tara the Pie Queen’s Texas Trash Pie sounds delish!
- Oh this Bourbon Pear Crumble Pie from Joy the Baker.
- And gracious, this Brown Butter Chess Pie.
- Orangette’s Fresh Rhubarb Pie with Orange Zest.
- Rebecca Rather’s Southern Comfort Apple Pie.
- Also, I have a whole category called Pie O Pie with recipes for both sweet & savory including this darling Mini Pumpkin Praline Pie.
It’s almost Thanksgiving time, sweet people. Relax, make pie and give thanks!