You have been given a gift and it’s up to you to decide how you use it. And if you decide to use it to love on others and to be present with others, that matters.
Morgan Harper Nichols has loved making art since she was five-years-old. From an early age, her parents encouraged her that she was created to create, but it took much longer to feel like she had permission to share her art with the world … and now she uses it to bring encouragement and extend grace to others.
Morgan is a writer, artist, and musician. All of the work she creates is inspired by people and their stories … how is that? Her new book, All Along You Were Blooming: Thoughts for Boundless Living, is a gorgeous collection of illustrations, poetry, and prose meant to share hope, grace, restoration, and freedom.
Morgan says these four things about herself:
- “I’m sarcastic which tends to surprise people.”
- “Most of the movies and TV shows I consume are super light-hearted.”
- “I love cheese. I’m a huge cheese fan. All the kinds. My mom loves sharp cheddar cheese and passed that on to me.”
- “I collect coffee mugs. I think coffee mugs are cool.”
Morgan and I talk about how we can learn so much through people’s stories and how they can fuel us to be who we were created to be. In the moments we see ourselves reflected in those stories, in relationships, in art and the things around us … those are the moments we are reminded that we are not alone and that we do belong. My time with Morgan was just a dream … I love the way she is so encouraging, but also has a little sass. I just know you will find her as delightful and inspiring as I do!
- Morgan Harper Nichols’ Website
- Morgan’s shop, Garden24
- Morgan’s book: All Along You Were Blooming
- Morgan’s Instagram
- Stop by my church Austin Christian Fellowship if you’re in Austin
- Young Life
- The Grace Guide: Live Your One Beautiful Life
- Want to find a mentor? Sign up here for The Mentor Map here.
- Music by Sara Davis Regan
- Keep in the know: Sign up for my newsletter here!
UPCOMING CALENDAR EVENTS
- Here’s the info on Soul Care Saturday!!
Find my newest book, Dear Daughters: Love Letters to the Next Generation here!
Dear Daughters is a template for those multi-generational conversations and relationships you’re craving.
Dear Daughters is meant to be a bridge between two groups of women–dear daughters and spiritual mamas. Dear daughters are young women in search of spiritual guidance and spiritual mamas are women just a little further down the road with age-old wisdom to share. Each group has valuable insight for the other and the hope is that the reader will invite someone to come alongside them, pore over the included letters together, and pass along wisdom and advice that will make both lives more beautiful, wherever they are in their God story.