Experiencing God in the Everyday | Ruth Chou Simons
Do you feel like it’s a struggle sometimes to see God in the everyday, ordinary moments? How could we be transformed if we took a breath of fresh air and lingered a little longer in the Scriptures?
Ruth Chou Simons shares her journey of God’s grace intersecting daily life with word and paintbrush. Ruth and her husband, Troy, are grateful parents to six boys—their greatest adventure.
Ruth is a mom, artist, author, speaker, and entrepreneur and in her own words, these four things:
- “I was born in Taiwan and immigrated to the U.S. when I was 3. So, English is my second language (Mandarin is my first language).”
- “I was a biochemistry major before I studied art.”
- “I never intended on having 6 children, and I never thought I could be a mom to boys.”
- “I love all weird and ethnic food. I love to try any food – the strangest food possible.”
Today, Ruth and I talk about the importance of community and doing life together. Ruth also shares how we can find beauty in the everyday moments, and the ways we can worship and experience God, even as we do such tasks like folding laundry!
- Ruth’s website
- Ruth’s new book: Becoming and Beholding: The Art of Everyday Worship
- Ruth’s Shoppe: Gracelaced
- Ruth’s blog post: “Advice I Would Have Given Myself 16 Years Ago”
- Book-signing at Fabled Bookshop & Cafe in Waco, TX, November 1
- Book-signing at Barnes and Noble in Austin, TX, November 2
- Find Ruth on Instagram
- Want to find a mentor? Sign up here for The Mentor Map here.
- My church: Austin Christian Fellowship
- Here is the info on Soul Care Weekend at my home October 18-19th in Austin! There are just a few spots left! Find my newest book, Dear Daughters: Love Letters to the Next Generation here!
Dear Daughters is a template for those multi-generational conversations and relationships you’re craving.
Dear Daughters is meant to be a bridge between two groups of women–dear daughters and spiritual mamas. Dear daughters are young women in search of spiritual guidance and spiritual mamas are women just a little further down the road with age-old wisdom to share. Each group has valuable insight for the other and the hope is that the reader will invite someone to come alongside them, pore over the included letters together, and pass along wisdom and advice that will make both lives more beautiful, wherever they are in their God story.
This book, ideal for a gift, is a casebound hardcover with ribbon.