“Have regular hours for work and play. Make each day both useful and pleasant. And prove that you know the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will bring few regrets and life will become a beautiful success.” – Louisa May Alcott
Do you have a hobby? Do you ever take the time to just play? Having a hobby can be really good for your soul.
Welcome to the Fall Soul Care Series on the Dear Daughters Podcast. I want to see how you’re doing and share some new ways for you to take good care of you.
Today I am encouraging you to build time for a hobby in your life. Because when you’re walking with God, a hobby can be a spiritual practice that brings you closer to God.
- Get a copy of The Practice of the Presence of God by Brother Lawrence.
- Download the Understanding Your Soul PDF.
- Get encouragement in your inbox each week: Sign up for my newsletter!
- Order your copy of The Grace Guide: Live Your One Beautiful Life!
- Get Unexpected Connections by Matthew Peacock, Founder and Executive Director of Partners in Hope.
- Learn more about donating to or volunteering with Partners in Hope here.
- Join my home church, Austin Christian Fellowship, online.
- If you need rest, click here to get a FREE Soul Care Kit just for you!
- Listen to more of Sara Davis Regan’s music.
FIND A HOBBY
- Horseback riding
- Writing or journaling
- Cooking or baking
- Hiking or camping
- Walking or running
- Drawing or painting
- Knitting or sewing
- Kayaking or paddleboarding
Get THE GRACE GUIDE ONLINE:
My book, Dear Daughters, is a template for those multi-generational conversations and relationships you’re craving.