Forgiveness and Grace after Betrayal | Brandy Barr
This week I am sooooo excited to spotlight Brandy Barr’s incredible story on the Dear Daughters Podcast. She found the way to extend ongoing forgiveness and grace after her husband’s infidelity. I am honored for her to share her hard yet hopeful story with you.
Brandy is a spiritual mama. Here are a few things you should know about Brandy:
- She was born and raised in Tyler, Texas, and moved to Austin in 1993 after she married her high school sweetheart.
- After 7 years of marriage, she discovered that her husband cheated on her. After counseling and another betrayal, they divorced.
- She is the mother of two boys, Taylor (21) and Jackson (16).
. Then something happened that surprised even Brandy. God prompted Brandy to get to know the woman her husband remarried. Here are a few of the incredible things that followed:
- Brandy invited the woman and her daughter to church.
- Brandy baptized the daughter.
- The women asked Brandy for forgiveness … and she was able to extend grace.
- She accepted Christ and Brandy baptized her.
- They all have Sunday dinners together.
The verse she went back to over and over is Matthew 6:33. So that’s what she tried to do every day.
Seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well.
Brandy says that’s how God makes it good and he had not forsaken her. I pray that you seek God first. I pray that you can forgive when it feels impossible. And I pray that you listen to the Holy Spirit so He can help you live your one beautiful life.
SUBSCRIBE IN ITUNES
- Registration is open for the Worry-Free Workshop – you’re invited!
- Become a Newsletter Friend to get a weekly-ish dose of encouragement and stay in touch.
- Follow me on Instagram.
- Visit Brandy’s website.
- Learn more about Young Life and support your local area.
- Learn about the Young Life camp in Texas, Lone Hollow Ranch.
- Learn more about other ACF Ministry Partners here.
- Listen to more of Sara Davis Regan’s music. :)
- Join us Sundays online at my home church, Austin Christian Fellowship.