What do you do when fatigue or discouragement creeps in your life? Or what about when anxiety hits? How do you find and sustain emotional, relational and spiritual health?
An old soul with a contemporary, honest voice, Rebekah Lyons revealed some of her own battles to overcome anxiety and depression—and invites us to discover and boldly pursue own God-given purpose from a place of freedom.
Rebekah Lyons is a mom, teacher, author and in her own words, these four things:
- “I LOVE starting the day with a walk outside.”
- “I have been on a journey working on my energy level for the last couple of years.”
- “I don’t really watch TV.”
- “I grew up in Florida, St. Petersburg, and I love going to the beach.”
Today, we’re talking about her latest book, Rhythms of Renewal: Trading Stress and Anxiety for a Life of Peace and Purpose. Rebekah vulnerably shares how she purposefully took time to seek rest and respite in her professional and personal life. I just loved my time with her, and I know you will love her too!
- Rebekah’s Website
- Her New Book Rhythms of Renewal: Trading Stress and Anxiety for a Life of Peace and Purpose and she also has a Study Guide.
- The Body Keeps Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
- Parker Palmer’s Let Your Life Speak: Listening for the Voice of Vocation
- Viktor Frankl’s Man’s Search for Meaning
- New music on the podcast via my own daughter, Sara Regan Davis.
- Want to find a mentor? Sign up here for The Mentor Map here.
- My church: Austin Christian Fellowship
- Speaking of rest and renewal, join me for Soul Care Weekend at my home October 18-19th in Austin!Find my newest book, Dear Daughters: Love Letters to the Next Generation here!
Dear Daughters is a template for those multi-generational conversations and relationships you’re craving.
Dear Daughters is meant to be a bridge between two groups of women–dear daughters and spiritual mamas. Dear daughters are young women in search of spiritual guidance and spiritual mamas are women just a little further down the road with age-old wisdom to share. Each group has valuable insight for the other and the hope is that the reader will invite someone to come alongside them, pore over the included letters together, and pass along wisdom and advice that will make both lives more beautiful, wherever they are in their God story.
This book, ideal for a gift, is a casebound hardcover with ribbon.