Learning from Holiday Blunders
You want to be your best but sometimes the holidays can mess with your best intentions.
In last week’s episode we talked about setting healthy boundaries during the holidays. This week, I’m here to talk about all the things we tend to do that can make the holidays more difficult (I’m calling them “holiday blunders”)—and how to experience the holidays in a healthier (and more enjoyable) way. Here are some of the blunders. Can you identify with any of these?
- Forcing old family expectations.
- Missing the point of gift-giving.
- Trying to be someone you’re not.
- Taking on more than you can handle—and not asking for help.
- Not discussing expectations.
- Ignoring grief that is triggered by the holidays.
- Giving the holidays more significance than any other days of the year.
I hope this helps you experience the holidays in a new way. I pray that we are able to set healthy expectations and keep the holidays simple so we can fully enjoy this beautiful season. And I continue to pray that your holidays are filled with joy and wonder and peace.
SUBSCRIBE IN ITUNES
- Listen to Episode 162: Setting Healthy Boundaries During the Holidays.
- Become a Newsletter Friend to get a weekly-ish dose of encouragement and stay in touch.
- Follow me on Instagram.
- Learn more about Apartment Life.
- Learn more about other ACF Ministry Partners here.
- Listen to more of Sara Davis Regan’s music. :)
- Join us Sundays online at my home church, Austin Christian Fellowship.