Are there difficult people in your life that continue to create drama and pain? Are there wounds or losses from your past that seem too big or too complicated to be healed? What if you could be free of the pain and offer forgiveness?
Sarah Mae’s passion is to encourage women to walk in healing and freedom, even when the wounds are still open.
Sarah Mae is a mom, teacher, author, podcaster, and in her own words, these four things:
- “I can tie my hair in a knot with one hand.”
- “I have a motorcycle license.”
- “I was never the cool girl.”
- “I have two puppies – a yellow lab and an elkhound husky.”
Today, Sarah and I talk about her newest book, The Complicated Heart: Loving Even When It Hurts. Sarah shares her story of learning to love and forgive her alcoholic mother, and her journey of healing and grieving the wounds from her childhood.
- Sarah’s Website
- Her New Book The Complicated Heart: Loving Even When It Hurts
- The Complicated Heart Podcast
- Sarah’s book: Having a Martha Home the Mary Way: 31 Days to a Clean House and a Satisfied Soul
- Sarah’s Facebook post: Eve Didn’t Have a Mother
- Sarah’s blog post: Women, Let’s Get To It (On Mentoring in the Church)
- Boundaries by Henry Cloud and John Townsend
- Follow her wood-working husband on Instagram!
- Want to find a mentor? Sign up here for The Mentor Map here.
- My church: Austin Christian Fellowship
- Speaking of rest and renewal, there is ONE spot left for Soul Care Weekend at my home October 18-19th in Austin!Find my newest book, Dear Daughters: Love Letters to the Next Generation here!
Dear Daughters is a template for those multi-generational conversations and relationships you’re craving.
Dear Daughters is meant to be a bridge between two groups of women–dear daughters and spiritual mamas. Dear daughters are young women in search of spiritual guidance and spiritual mamas are women just a little further down the road with age-old wisdom to share. Each group has valuable insight for the other and the hope is that the reader will invite someone to come alongside them, pore over the included letters together, and pass along wisdom and advice that will make both lives more beautiful, wherever they are in their God story.
This book, ideal for a gift, is a casebound hardcover with ribbon.