Pie is one of my favorites fall bakes. It’s comforting and warm, and it begs to be shared.
I love pie so much that this year over the Thanksgiving holiday, I’m hosting a late afternoon PIE FEST for our big extended family. We’ll have both sweet and savory pie.
Because of that, I’ve been researching pie and so I rounded up a few recipes for pies that you can make and share with the people in your life.
Pie for Breakfast (Who says you can’t have a pie fest for breakfast?)
Pie for Lunch or Dinner
- Chicken Pot Pie is perfect for eating on the couch while you watch football.
- Smitten Kitchen’s Mushroom and Barley Pie sounds just delicious.
- Want to get adventurous? Shrimp and Fennel Pot Pie is crazy fabulous.
- And how whimsical is it to have Kale and Sausage Hand Pies for dinner?
Pie for Dessert (Maybe some of these will find themselves on your Thanksgiving table?)
- Mimi’s Pumpkin Pie
- Buttermilk Pie
- Easy Pecan Pie
- Maple Buttermilk Custard Pie from Dinner: A Love Story (their chocolate chess pie looks so tasty too!)
- Bourbon Pear Crumble from Four and Twenty Blackbirds ~ have you seen their pie book? Soooo yummy.
- Dad’s Sweet Potato Pie from Joy the Baker
- This Butterscotch Pie sounds like just the thing
- Amy Hannon’s scrumptious Dutch Apple Pie
Have you seen these 8 fun ways to make pretty pie decorations?
Here are a few of my favorite kitchen tools + pie envy:
- Pastry Cutter is handy to have for making homemade pie crust (which you just MUST do and here’s my video for Easy No-Roll Pie Crust, so no excuses.)
- Pie Crust Protector
- Dough Cutter/Bench Scraper
- French Rolling Pin (my personal favorite)
- Glass Pie Plate … go ahead and get two.
- No Mess Pie Crust Maker Bag
- This sweet ‘Baked with Love’ pie plate…
- Anthro just sent me an email and since I like a little coffee with my pie … maybe I’ll grab this cute mug. ;)
Happy weekend, happy holidays and happy PIE!
Susie (aka “the queen freak of whimsy, professional spreader of joy, and mom to anyone and everyone.“)