You need some whimsy. I need whimsy. Because just how much more political news and info can we take before we fall in a heap and start to believe the world is going to hell in a hand basket which it is not thank-you-Jesus.
To be truthful: I am grateful to be planning a wedding, engrossed in last minute details like counting up rsvp’s and wondering what kind of pie to serve, instead of focusing on the all-kinds-of-awful I see spewing out of media outlets and such. Enough of that … whimsy onward.
THINGS I LOVED & WHIMSIED THIS WEEK:
- How about geraniums and snapdragons? Yep, I got in my garden this week and planted some pretty things. I like The Red Barn Garden and Nursery Center. They’re Austin Proud/Texas Friendly. And they’re also close to Jim’s so you can grab a burger + fries + good old-fashioned diner coffee and plan out where you’re going to plant all those flowers.
- While you’re planting flowers, listen to Kristin Schell talk about her Turquoise (picnic) Table and how she left it in her front yard so she can meet her neighbors. I think you’ll want to put one in your front yard too. Right next to your gorgeous flower bed full of snapdragons.
- I’m a candle addict. No shame in that. I might have even trained my girls to it. This is my current crush: LAFCO Chamomile Lavender. (Yes, I know that’s crazy expensive but it truly is incredible.)
- I finished watching Parenthood on Netflix last month. And I was sad. Until I found Heartland. And now I’m happy. It’s Hallmark-y. I like it. Much better than all those angry politicos.
- Estate sales. I love them. And a lot of them start on Thursday. Here’s where I find estate sales in Austin.
- Have I told you about Hummingbird Farms in Hye, Texas? I discovered their Lavender lotion and hand soap at Sage Hill a couple years ago. It’s dreamy. You might like it too. And good news, there’s a special this month: buy the soap and lotion ~> get two travel tubes free!
- Want to make people smile this weekend? When you run out to get your morning coffee before church, take a couple extra of lattes with you and pass them out randomly. You just can’t imagine how much happy that makes. :)
- If you’d rather make coffee at home, I love Third Coast Organic Double French Roast. “No acidity here!”
- A writer’s prompt for the writer in you:
What’s one weekend thing that makes you happy and why?
It’s your life, sweet people, relax and smile because it’s finally the weekend!