Tears. Just lots and lot of tears this week. Last weekend my sweet friends threw a wedding shower for Sara and afterward I couldn’t stop crying. Those happy/sad tears, you know? I’m so emotional. So I’m making sure to whimsy it up this weekend and be extra kind to myself.
THINGS I LOVED & WHIMSIED THIS WEEK:
- Yesterday after morning after coffee, I headed over to the Turquoise Table and met author Shelly Miller. This weekend, I’m diving into her new book, Rhythms of Rest.
- Do you need garden help? I do. After planting all those pretty snapdragons last weekend, my bushes needed tidying so I called garden coach, Cat Jones at Austin Whimsical Gardener. Yes, it’s a real and lovely thing. Need her help, email her here.
- My dad would love this TED talk: How Trees Talk to Each Other. The whole thing about HUB aka ‘mother trees’ reminded me of what it means to be a spiritual mama.
- A tip I learned about when cute little Audrey Cooper came to do Sara’s bridal portrait makeup ~> ‘bake on‘ your concealer with Laura Mercier translucent powder.
- Listening to Ben Howard on repeat because we Austinites had a ‘cold front’ roll in today. Temps in the sixties. Yay!
- Chip and Joanna inspired me this week. Don’t you love them? I’d love to read their new book. Also, I’d love to work with her. Just saying.
- A writer’s prompt for the writer in you:
Who is one person you would love to work with and why?
It’s your life, sweet people, relax and smile because it’s finally the weekend!