whimsy for your weekend
There is a lot of art in here. People making art, sharing art, talking about art. I love it. And it’s all accessible art. Things you can do to make your life more beautiful and whimsical.
I hope you’re inspired by what you find here. And that maybe something jumps up inside your heart and you make some art this weekend.
THINGS I LOVED & WHIMSIED THIS WEEK:
- When people make art to pay their mortgage … I love Hayley Morgan’s Art Shop. It makes me feel brave. Listen to here talk about art here: Dear Daughters Podcast Episode #1
- Or what about Chloe Hamaker’s Christmas Cards? Choose a design, order away and a non-profit gets to benefit. That’s nice. Hear her story behind the Christmas cards ~> Dear Daughters Podcast Episode #8
- And oh … if you need Christmas photos for your family, we actually have two family photographers. Both Emily Boone (my daughter ) & Kate Stafford (my niece) are fantastic photographers. :)
- What about if we all signed up for Natalie’s (of Mint & Maple) Water Color Class? That’s just fun.
- Whimsy noted on Emily Brickhouse’s Instagram feed … this story makes me happy. Maybe we should all write nice things under ledges.
- This print by Brian Andreas of Story People reminds me of my mom. She scatters chocolate cookies everywhere she goes.
- Music from my writing desk: Love Your Neighbor. I feel grounded and focused listening to Zach’s music.
- And now a writer’s prompt for the writer in you:
What kind of art did you love making when you were a child and why did you stop making it ?
It’s your life, sweet people, relax and smile because it’s finally the weekend!
Susie (aka “the queen freak of whimsy, professional spreader of joy, and mom to anyone and everyone.“)