Curiosity is a life raft. ~ Casey Tygrett
Have you ever thought of curiosity as a spiritual discipline? I never did until I met Casey Tygrett.
Casey is a pastor, spiritual director, and author of Becoming Curious : A Spiritual Practice of Asking Questions (coming May 2 ~ yay!). Casey lives in Rockford, Illinois with his wife and daughter where he serves as the teaching pastor at Heartland Community Church in Rockford, Illinois.
I’m excited for you to get to meet him today. Here’s the interview on Dear Daughters Episode 25.
- Bill Hybels + Willow Creek Church
- My interview with our mutual friend, Shauna Niequist, on the DD podcast + what we’ve worked on together at IF: Table + her tasty caesar salad recipe.
- Emily P Freeman on the DD podcast
- I’m a question-asker and love gathering people around the table. A few of my favorite conversation starters here, here …
- Julia Cameron explains Morning Pages in The Artist’s Way. I also love Walking in this World and Finding Water.
- Jeff Goins’ Writing Challenge.
- The Circle Maker, Mark Batterson
- My writer’s workshops and the new boutique writer’s workshop.
- Bird by Bird by Anne Lamott
- The Writing Life by Annie Dillard
- On Writing by Stephen King
- Enneagram + Meyer’s Briggs Inventories
- Love Notes from God
- The Christos Center for Spiritual Formation
- On Being a Spiritual Mama
- The Evangelical Spiritual Directors Association
- Sustainable Faith in Indianapolis + their Urban Retreat Center
- Sarah Harmeyer + Neighbors Table
- Celebration of Discipline by Richard Foster
- Planet Earth on the Discovery Channel
- “Let your first reaction to your failures be curiosity instead of judgement or shame.” from Dr. Ashley Stafford on the DD podcast
- Need help on your journey through fear? Here’s where I talk about how I gave God permission to heal me ~> Unafraid.
- The Holy Longing by Ronald Rolheiser
- Here’s the verse that pulled me from my fear addiction : Psalm 22.1-3
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
I think sometimes we need to get a little bit of a shake so that we don’t get to the point where God is no longer amazing. ~ Casey Tygrett
I think a lot of curiosity is killed by shame. ~ Susie Davis
God is at work in very small miracles. ~ Casey Tygrett
Curiosity is wondering about the bigness of God even in tense situations or disagreeable situations. ~ Susie Davis
I see people losing track of God, and a great deal of that has to do with being able to see Him where He is, instead of looking for Him where He should be. ~ Casey Tygrett
Our relationship with God is enhanced by other people, but it’s still just me and God at the end. ~ Susie Davis
CONNECT WITH CASEY
… grateful, grateful for Davis sharing their music for the DD Podcast.