Welcome to the Home Series on the Dear Daughters Podcast! God is the original homemaker. That’s what a listener said to me in an email a few weeks ago, inspiring this series. God made a safe, beautiful home for Adam and Eve in the Garden, and He wants us to have a safe, beautiful home, too. So how do we create that?
Listen in to the Home Series this summer as, room by room, I’ll guide you in creating a lovely, cozy, beautiful home … a space for you and your people to grow together and love each other and honor God.
I have sweet Jaclyn Byrd on the podcast with me. She just got married, is moving to a new home in San Antonio, TX, and has ALL the questions about how to create a cozy home … starting with the bedroom. Here are a few of those questions, asked and answered on the podcast (along with a few decorating and laundry pro tips).
- Why is it important to invest in your bedroom?
- How do you pick a mattress?
- What kind of sheets are the best? Do you change out the bedding for different seasons?
- What is the first thing you think of when building a bedroom?
- Does “less is more” apply to decorating a bedroom?
- What are the must-have pieces in a bedroom?
- TV in the bedroom … yea or nay?
- Do you have a signature touch?
I’m praying that Jac can create a lovely bedroom for her and her husband in their new home. I hope that you, too, can create a bedroom that is a refuge where you can find rest and respite so that you can fully live your one beautiful life. And most of all, I pray that we would all be grateful for the honor of building the home that God has gifted us and that we would be found faithful where we are.
- Listen to DD Podcast Episode 173: Joy at Home with Whitney Walker.
- Learn more about Elisabeth Elliot on DD Podcast Episode 144.
- Become a Newsletter Friend and get weekly-ish encouragement and know about all the fun things coming up in 2023.
- Join us Sundays at my home church, Austin Christian Fellowship, online or in-person.
- Learn more about ACF’s Ministry Partners here.
- Want to learn more about becoming a Christian? Email here.
- Stay at The Franklin our treasure in small town, Texas! Airbnb link here.
- Listen to more of Sara Davis Regan’s music. :)