This world is huge. It is majestic. It is worth exploring just for the sake of knowing it. ~ Tsh Oxenreider
Tsh Oxenreider is a podcaster and blogger at The Art of Simple, and has published several books including Notes from a Blue Bike and her newest, At Home in the World. Her writing has also been featured in the Washington Post, CNN, Real Simple magazine, and more.
Tsh currently lives in Georgetown, Texas with her husband and three kids where they live simply, work on their fixer upper, and eat tacos several times a week.
I’m excited for you to get to meet her today. Here’s the interview on Dear Daughters Episode 27.
- Check out Tsh’s fixer upper at #houseofox
- Tsh’s books: Notes from a Blue Bike and her newest ~> At Home in the World: Reflections on Belonging While Wandering the World
- Connie Gabbert is Home’s cover illustrator
- If I were packing for a world-traveling trip ~ “that’s all I need!” And here’s the candle that would make it into my backpack.
- The Art of Simple School ~ check out her Art of Authentic Platform course!
- The Art of Simple Podcast
- That awesome quote from Frederick Bueckner: “The place God calls you to is the place where your deep gladness and the world’s deep hunger meet.”
- Tsh’s Simple Manifesto
- Thomas Watson’s The Art of Divine Contentment
- What is a membership site?
- My newest re-release: Loving Your Man Without Losing Your Mind
- A little about my time on a morning radio show
- Jamie Ivey’s Interview on the Dear Daughters Podcast
- The World Domination Summit in Portland
- Meyer’s Briggs Personality Test
- Tsh waited tables at these two Austin originals ~ Kerbey Lane + Chuys
- I Let You Go by Claire Macintosh
- The Rest of God byMark Buchanan
- Garden City by John Mark Comer
- About my chronic pain syndrome
- A really good self care eye mask
THINGS TO THINK ABOUT
Tsh’s advice to her 20 year old self :
He uses our weakness to get us where we need to be. ~ Susie Davis
We all have this natural inclination to search for the ideal, yet this side of heaven, we’re never going to find it. ~ Tsh Oxenreider
We’re all so off from the picture and purity of who Jesus is and yet God has this huge abundant love for all these pieces of the Church. It’s kind of beautiful. ~ Susie Davis
We learn best through story – even in a fiction kind of way. ~ Tsh Oxenreider
Tsh describes self care as “taking care of your self so you can be of service to others through your purpose in living here on earth.”
What does self care look like for you and why is it important for you and the people you love?
What’s the best-worst thing that’s happened to you that has helped you know God better?
CONNECT WITH TSH
… grateful, grateful for Davis sharing their music for the DD Podcast. :)