whimsy for your weekend
Pie is cozy and whimsy and home. Pie is family gatherings, birthday parties and 4th of July. Pie is even a treat for one, eaten with a fork right out of the pan. I’ve gathered some favorites from around the web for you here, and you can check out some of my favorite pie recipes in my own little corner of the internet: PIE O PIE
Gotta start right here with my 4th of July Pie. Red, white and blue wonder. Step one is my easy French Glaze Strawberry Pie.
Made a little video a couple years back … because just so fun.
More fun recipes here:
- Everything Joy the Baker touches turns to gold ~ her Brown Butter Chess Pie and savory Summer Tomato Pie sound so tasty.
- I got to interview Tara the Pie Queen from Royer’s Pie Haven on the podcast this week and oh gracious. Some of the tastiest pies in Texas. I love her Texas Trash pie, Junkberry Pie, and Cold Brew Coffee Pie.
- If it’s too hot + humid for roasting s’mores in the backyard, here’s a version you can make from the air conditioned comfort of your own kitchen ~ S’more Pie.
- Nothing says summer like Strawberry Pie. I also love Buttermilk Pie and Peach Hand Pies.
- Four and Twenty Blackbirds is a pie bakery in Brooklyn founded by two sisters. Their pies are so beautiful and unusual, and feature flavors like Salty Honey Pie (oh, yum) and Lizzie’s Lemon Sour Cream Pie.
- Rustic Tarts from Art of the Pie. These are a good option if you don’t have a clean pie plate. :)
- Blackberry Cheesecake Galette … oh, heavens yes.
- I love quiche as a way to have pie for breakfast. Doesn’t a Bacon-Cheese Quiche sound like just the right thing to have with coffee on a Saturday morning?
- And don’t miss Ken Haedrich of the Pie Academy’s Chocolate Chip Macadamia Cookie Pie. He’s a pie teacher with the kindest voice. So encouraging.
- I plan on testing his Tomato Slab Pie for 4th of July morning pre-parade viewing. Our neighborhood has a parade. Does yours?
Art of the Pie: A Practical Guide to Homemade Crusts, Fillings, and Life via Kate McDermott
Me, Myself and Pie (The Pinecraft Collection) ~> Sherry Gore
The Four and Twenty Blackbirds Pie Book: Uncommon Recipes form the Celebrated Brooklyn Pie Shop ~> Emily + Melissa Elsen
The Hoosier Mama Book of Pie from Paula Haney and Allison Scott
Ken Haedrich of the Pie Academy’s The Harvest Baker. You can get a signed copy of his new book + discounted shipping for just a little bit longer!
Happiest pie weekend. Hope you have Monday off for the 4th and Tuesday feels like Saturday all over again. Hope you get to love on your people, see a parade and sing God Bless America.
Have a weekend full of the best kind of whimsy.
Susie (aka “the queen freak of whimsy, professional spreader of joy, and mom to anyone and everyone.“)