favorite moments from dear daughters podcast | season 1
In case you missed any episodes of the Dear Daughters Podcast, I’m sharing a few of my favorite moments of the first season with you this summer. This is part 3 out of 4 (you can see part 1 and part 2 here). Here are the highlights from episodes 17 – 24 :)
FAVORITE MOMENTS FROM DEAR DAUGHTERS FIRST SEASON | PART 3
- Missionary Hilliary Cheatham joined me for DD episode 17, where we talked about depression, Big God Dreams, and living with joy. One of my favorite take-aways was this word on how to ward off depression: Go to God, don’t brush pain off, talk with a trusted spiritual friend.
- One of my new favorite things is interviewing my own daughters on the podcast. My youngest, Sara, joined me earlier in season 1, and my oldest daughter Emily Boone joined me for DD episode 18. We talked honestly about mother-daughter relationships in this episode. We discussed creating healthy boundaries … even when it’s sad and kinda painful. If you have a daughter or you are one, you just must listen in.
- DD episode 19 with Emily P Freeman was playful and thoughtful and full of wisdom, just like Emily herself. There was also a great book list surrounding the theme of contemplation in this episode.
- If I had to pick one word to describe Alan Graham’s approach to life + ministry, it would have to be gumption. He joined me on DD episode 20 and shared about his ministries- Mobile Loaves & Fishes, and Community First! Village that provides home, work, and family community for people transitioning out of homelessness. Alan is a delight, and the work he and his team are doing in Austin will fill you with so much joy.
- In DD episode 21 with Kate Merrick we covered everything from how to redeem a failed pound cake to how to be a friend to those who are deeply grieving. This episode was so tender and honest and joyful. I hope you’ll go back and give it a listen.
- Jess Connolly is a girl how chases hard after God. She is wise and creative and completely hilarious. In DD episode 22 she said, You can either agree with the fact that you’ve been given grace, you’ve been made holy, and you’re on mission or not but there is abundance for us when we agree with God. Just makes you want to agree with God about yourself, doesn’t it?
- Vicki Courtney is the founder of Virtuous Reality Ministries, has written a bunch of books, and is one of the people who encouraged me into ministry. If you have kids, want kids, are a spiritual parent, or have a desire to speak into the lives of those a little behind you on life’s road, DD episode 23 is for you.
- Choosing rest is the practice of loving yourself. Oh, does anybody else need that permission? Sabbath mentor Shelly Miller joined me for DD episode 24, and gave us a prescription for when we’re feeling tired, wiped out, and creatively drained. Highlights include a recipe for Sunday roast, a whimsical book list, and so much freedom to rest.
Be back in a week or so with my final favorite moments in Dear Daughters Season 1 ~ hope to see you then!
PS. Have you signed up for my newsletter? If not, sign up here and be sure to add your mailing address because I’m sending out snail mail gifts to one lucky subscriber weekly!!